twitter

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Whilst I think about it...

Whilst I think about it – isn’t ‘Genevieve’ a little bit of an old fashioned Christian name, too? Oh, I did  love that film, didn’t you? Did you ever see it? The one about the London to Brighton race. What was that actress called? Used to be my favourite. Oh, she was lovely. Margaret… Muriel..?  No, I think there was a Muriel in it, in the film, but I don’t mean that one… The other one! Oh, you know the one I mean! Lovely. Tall. Very elegant. I think she died very young. Oh, you know her! Mary..?  

Oh. Oh, yes. Kay. Kay Kendall.

I wanted to be her.

 Anyway, Genevieve is a very pretty name and I was grateful for the thought and indeed deeply touched. Just wish I wouldn’t keep calling the poor child ‘Guinevere’. It does confuse her.




No comments:

Post a Comment